Citrus Cat: From Etsy’s Merchandising Desk: June 2012
- Father’s Day: Gift ideas and personalized options specifically for dads.
- Graduations: Announcements, invitations, party decor and gift ideas.
- The World in Sports: Biking and tennis come back into focus with the impending Tour de France and Wimbledon Tennis Championship; also trending are this summer’s upcoming Olympic Games, scheduled to kick off in late July.
- Gardening: Planters, vertical solutions, tools, garden markers, heirloom seed varieties, compost bins, terrariums, bird and bee houses, chicken coops and egg baskets.
- Gadget Accessories: Innovative gadget cases, docking stations, speakers, amplifiers and accessories, especially geared around the iPhone 4S, iPad and Kindle Fire.
- Nails: Lacquers, polishes, art and stickers.
- Fashion: Summer dresses (especially maxi dresses), sheer and crochet panels, neon hues, open toe shoes, retro inspired swimwear.
- References to Harry Potter, Hunger Games, Mad Men & Alice in Wonderland — all trending in pop culture. Think in terms of symbols like arrows, birds, wizardry, magic, enchanted forests, rabbits, whimsy and mid-century modern fashion and decor.
- Vintage Fashion and Decor: With the return of Mad Men’s season 5, expect to see inspired vintage collections trending once again.
- Weddings: Engagement rings, both handcrafted and antique. Vintage, retro and rockabilly references, photobooths and props, fan programs, Mad Libs, personalized wine labels, fingerprint guest books, DIY decorations, and creative takes on the little details from save the dates all the way to favors.
- Infinity Styles: Rings, scarves, bracelets & necklaces.
- Organization and Storage: Spring cleaning! Fresh solutions for getting organized.
- Personalization: Gift ideas with monograms, initials, text, numbers, zodiac, constellations, portraits, custom labels, stamps, fingerprints and family trees.
- Home: Outdoor living and furniture, fireplaces and pits, outdoor kitchens, string lights and lanterns, window curtains, drapes, shower curtains, bedding and hardware.
- Culinary Trends: Food preservation and canning. DIY culinary kits are on the rise. Classic cocktails, homebrewing, beer and wine accessories, herb infusions and kits, garden to table.
- Designer Vintage: Authentic fashion, collectibles, bikes and auto accessories.
- Letters, Numbers, and Symbols: Large vintage signage, letterpress blocks, monogram housewares and typewriter keys.
- Natural History: Woodland forest themes and animals, birds, owls, squirrels, hedgehogs, chipmunks, bunnies, butterflies, feathers, nests, eggs, acorns, leaves, trees, branches, woodgrain, and natural colors.
- Lockets, secret hiding places, skeleton keys, arrows, diamonds, paper cuts, silhouettes, fortune cookies, wishbones, constellations, fortune telling.
- Large scale vintage and handmade paper maps, botanical and anatomy charts.
- Upcycled lights, lamps, exposed bulbs, and chandeliers.
- The Queen and her Diamond Jubilee celebrations.
- Vintage cameras, especially Polaroids with film.
- Bike caddies, baskets, and creative accessories.
- Embellished, painted & customizable shoes.
- Cottage Style: Chic decor and accessories.
- Video game-inspired references
- Writable chalkboard surfaces
- Embellished faux eyelashes
- Designed Fabric Yardage
- Wall and laptop decals
- The little black dress
- Ear cuffs